30/08/2013 by socialistfight
Thursday 12 September, 7.30 PM
Trades and Labour Hall 375 High Road, Willesden
Apollo Club near Willesden bus garage Dollis Hill tube, Buses 302, 266,260,240, 98,52,6
1. Is the Labour party still a workers’ party of any type (a bourgeois-workers party) or has it become a liberal-bourgeois party like Nick Clegg’s LibDems or the US Democrats?
2. If it is no longer the type of party described by Lenin and Trotsky when did its class character change and why?
3. Should we therefore join a more radical leftist party like the Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition (TUSC) to regroup all genuine revolutionaries and fighters for socialism?
4. What should be the attitude of revolutionaries to the Labour Representation Committee and to the left of the Labour party and trade union militants who look to the Labour party?
5. Should Revolutionaries defend the Labour/trade union link now under attack by the Tories, Liberals and Labour leader Ed Miliband himself?
6. Is the outcome of Labour’s Special Conference on the link in Spring 2014 a matter of indifference?
Category: Communist Theory
| Tags: and, bourgeois, Brent, coalition, committee, communist, Communist Theory, cross, dobbs, downing, east, fight, for, fourth, gerry downing, gery, international, labour, Liaison, link, london, lrc, meeting, north, party, public, representaion, SOCIALIST, south, steve, steve dobbs, the, trades, tusc, union, unionist, west, Willesden, workers